Friday, March 18, 2011

Written Off - Demo 2011

Impromptu Friday Night Post: Just came across this while doing some blog walking in between working on future It Follows posts...

Really good Youth Crew style Hardcore here. This demo just came out at the start of the year and fuck, it's one of the best things I've heard in awhile.

Yes, it's that tried and true formula of catchy fast songs that make great use of little tempo changes with clear/clean vocals over the top. Louisville, Kentucky strikes again! 5 songs in just over 6 minutes. The vocals kept reminding me of someone, it's the Damage Done, especially the first EP.

Every song does the trick, but currently "Questions" is the one I'm stuck on the most- the little tempo change and line "And Now You Ask, Where's the Unity? I have to Ask: are you fucking kidding me?" The complete pause and snide monotone of 'are you fucking kidding me' is great. These guys are also going to be on an upcoming comp, you can get the full scoop and much more over at their Facebook page.

DOWNLOAD: Written Off - Demo 2011 (band camp mp3's) (mediafire wav's)
*Normally I would upload it to the blog mediafire because I'm a nerd like that, but the band camp download is perfectly fine and the band also has a mediafire download already for wav file versions. So take your pick and enjoy!

PS - I'm loving the late 80's/early 90's looking logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment